Jabus Rawls born 25 March, 1792 Barnwell Co. SC. died 22 July, 1834 in Marion Co. MS. Jabus was the son of Revolutionary Soldier officer, Benjamin Franklin Rawls from Wilmington, NC., and wife Elizabeth Murphy.
He married 20 May, 1818 in Pike Co. MS., to Keziah Felder born 6 February, 1789 Orangeburg District, South Carolina. Daughter of Peter Felder. Keziah died 29 September, 1886 Marion Co. Both are buried in the old Ford Cemetery south of Marion Co. in a place known as Hub Spring Cottage.
Jabus Rawls died 1834 in Marion Co. MS. and his wife, Keziah died 29 September, 1886 in Hattiesburg, MS. Keziah never remarried after the death of her husband meaning she was a widow for many years and rasied her children all alone.
If you have information on this family, I would like to know more!
Children of Jabus and Keziah Rawls are:
1. Allen B F Rawls, born 1820 married Obedience Pope
2. James M. Rawls, born 19 October, 1823 married Sarah J Barnes
3. Evaline Rawls born 13 September, 1825, died 26 February, 1898. married 23 January, 1848 Marion Co. to William Adams, born about 1815 LA.
4. Harriett R. Rawls born about 1827 MS
5. William Rawls born 1829 married Elizabeth ?
6. Thomas Franklin Rawls born 1831, married Elizabeth Reid
7. Caroline Rawls born ?? married Green McNabb 17 August, 1843
To Go Back To Home Page