Chapman and Margaret are both buried in what is now George Co. MS., at the Cochran Place. I do not have either death date.
Chapmand and Margaret had at least six children:
1. Cicero Broom born 1826 MS
2. Caswell Broom born 1829 MS
3. Sarah Broom born 1834 MS. died 1878 in yellow fever epidemic. She married a Mr. Hunt and had two children.
a. Quitman Hunt
b. Minnie Hunt married William N. Bilbo, son of William Moss Bilbo and wife Harriet Davis Bilbo
4. Alfred Broom born 1835 MS.
5. Lee Broom born 1841 MS
6. Ira Broom born about 1843 MS
Cicero and Martha had four children
1. William Wesley Broom, born 1852 MS.
2. Alfred Broom born 1854
3. Martha Ann Broom born 1859, married JamesRoberts
4. Jane Broom married George Pearson
a. Leonard Broom died young
b. Stewart Calvin Broom 1881-1955 married Fannie Scarbrough
c. James W. Broom1884-1926 married Patty Maude Batson
d. Lillian Broom 1886-1955 second wife of Scott Bond
e. Erette Broom about 1887 married R.E. Steen
f. Myrtle Broom never married
g. Knox M. Broom born 13 January,1889
h. May Broom never married
a. Columbus Broom
b. Kizzie Broom
a. Minda Pearson married Earl Byrd
b. Maggie Pearson, adopted by J.J. Fletcher married Horace Redfield
c. Florence Pearson
Only two known children:
Anna Belle Broom born 1854 Greene Co. MS
Sarah Broom born 1834 married a Mr. Hunt
To Go Back To Home Page