He married first about 1704 in Virginia, his wife’s name "unknown". Most of his children are believed to be from the first marriage. He married second to Anne Ferguson in Virginia.
After the death of Robert the Immigrant in 1738, his family stayed in Bertie Co. until about 1752. At that time they moved to the newly formed County of Duplin, which was formed in 1750. All the children and their families, that is known moved to Duplin Co. and later fell into the County of Sampson when it was partly formed in 1784 from Duplin.
Children of Robert Bell:
1. Robert Bell Jr. born in King and Queen Co. in Virginia. He died in Essex Co. VA. 1712 as a young boy.
2. Archibald Bell died 1779 in Duplin Co. North Carolina. His wife’s name was Mary.
3. Isabel Bell was probably born in Virginia and died in North Carolina. She married in Nansemond Co. VA., to Michael King. Isabel married second to Edward Dyall about 1749.
4. John Bell died 1783 in Duplin Co. NC.
5. Jean Bell born about 1706. She married in 1724 in Bertie Co. North Carolina to William Byrd.
6. George Bell born about 1718 in Chowan Precinct, North Carolina. He died 1792 in Sampson Co. North Carolina. His wife was Debra who died in 1821.
7. Penelope Bell born about 1734 in Bertie Co. NC.
To Go Back To Home Page