Additional family history on John A. Watts has been donated by Carol Dunaway. She is researching this family.
John A. Watts was the son of William Watts Jr., 1707-1773 and wife Agnes. John was born 1749 Anson Co. North Carolina and died 3 October, 1818 Covington Co. MS.
John married 1772 South Carolina to Judith Rawls, born 1752 SC., and died after 1832 Covington Co. MS.
John and Judith children are:
1. Katherine Watts, born 1770 married Moses L. Hornsby
2. Keziah Watts, born about 1772
3. Bathsheba Watts, born 1774 NC.
4. Barbara Watts, born 9 February, 1775 NC., died 28 May, 1845 Covington Co, MS.; married William Jesse Wiggins Sr
5. Elizabeth Watts, born about 1778
6. Thomas, born 1778 Fairfield Co. SC; died 29 Janury, 1854, Smith Co, TX. He married Elizabeth Lott
7. Lucy, born about 1780
8. Dicey, born 1781 SC.; died after 1853 MS., buried New Hope Cemetery, Covington Co., MS. She married Nathan Lott about 1800 Telfair Co, GA.
9. Reuben Sr, born 24 November, 1784, Fairfield Co., SC.; died 28 July, 1870 Covington Co., MS. He married (1) Katherine Easterling 27 November, 1805 GA.; married(2) Patsy Lee
10 Benton Watts, born about 1785
11 Mary Watts, born about 1790
12 Amelia "amy" Watts, born 1790-1795; died 18 May, 1862 Covington Co, MS; buried Bouie River. She married Thomas Jefferson Aultman Sr. 11 August, 1810 Telfair Co. GA.
13 Nellie Watts, born about 1794
14 Rhoda Watts, born about 1796 GA. and died Covington Co, MS. She married Mark Rayborn 13 August, 1818 Lawrence Co, MS.
15 Sarah Watts, born about 1798
16 John Watts, Jr. born 15 November, 1810 Telfair Co. GA. He married Elizabeth (unknown). John served in the Military from the state of NC., and received land in 1784 or 1785 for his services. John was a Primitive Baptist Preacher and grounded a Church north of Hattiesburg, MS. He preached the dedicatory sermon when Providence Baptist was organized in 1818 in what is now the NW corner of Forrest Co. MS.
To Go Back To Home Page