Cecila Millsaps, born 1815 married Judge Henry Mounger, born 1807 GA. After the death of the Judge Cecila married the second time to George D. McCormick.
Many of the names and dates on the family of Thomas Carter and family was taken from an old family Carter Bible years ago in possession of Mae Carter of Hattiesburg, MS. and of Mamie Carter Crumpton of Meridian, MS.
1. Sarah Frances Mounger born 1838, m. Rev. Ransom Julaney Jones, Jr. born 1837 and died 1901. Son of Rev. Jones Sr. and Abagail McInnis
2. Edwin Hartsfield Mounger, born 1838, died 1919. He married Mary Jane Jones, thought to be a sister of of the Rev. Jones who married Sarah.
3. Uriah Mounger, born 1841, killed in the Civil War at the battle of Seven Pines.
4. Elijah Clark Mounger, born 1842 killed in the Civil War at the battle of Corinth.
5. William Harris Mounger, born 1843, married a Melissia ? and (2) Catherine Tatum.
6. Cecila Mounger, born 1845 married Mansfield Ham.
7. Susan Rebecca Mounger, born 1847 m. Frederick Marshall Cook.
8. Henry Mounger born 1849 died in 1850.
9. Elizabeth Mounger married William Rivers.
10. Charles Green McCormick m. Mary Catherine Neill.
11. Elizabeth McCormick married Barlett W. Sharbrough or Scarbrough.
To Go Back To Home Page