Samuel Allen, son of Aaron Tison Allen and wife Susan was born 2 April, 1790 Pitt Co. North Carolina and died 26 November, 1853 Perry Co. AL. The estate papers in Perry Co. list his wife Sarah and children as heirs.
Samuel married Sarah S. Thigpen, daughter of Joseph J. Thigpen born 17 July, 1798 Greene Co. NC., and died 11 March, 1875 Hale Co. AL. Greene and Perry were adjoining Counties when Hale was formed in 1867 from parts of Greene and Perry.
Samuel and Sarah came to Perry Co. before 1831 with four children.
Children of Samuel Allen and Sarah Thigpen are:
1. Joseph T Allen, born 16 June, 1821 Pitt Co. NC., married Priscilla Jane Henry
2. Mary Allen, born about 1825 NC., married Ingram Rhodes
3. Ichabod T. Allen, born 18 January, 1827 Pitt Co. NC
4. Robert Jacob Allen, born about 1828 Pitt Co. NC.
5. Eleanor Allen, born about 1831 Perry Co. AL. married Joseph J Thigpen
6. Marcha Allen, born 21 September, 1833
7. Franklin Allen, born 8 February, 1836 Perry Co., married Sarah Griffin
8. Susanna Allen Chapman
To Go Back To Home Page