Who are the parents of Richard Allen? There are several individuals who are researching this line. Any additional information will be appreciated
Richard Allen born 1768 North Carolina and died in Lexington, MS. either in December, 1839 or the first part of 1840. His will was admitted to probate Court, May Term 1840 by one of the subscribing witness, Thomas B. Walters.
Richard married Mary Braxton and lived in Dickson Co. TN. In 1819 the family left TN., and moved south to Marengo Co. AL. This was a short stay of about three years in Marengo Co. before they moved Northwest into Madison Co. MS., from there they moved in 1838 to Attala Co. MS.,
Mary died prior to 1835 when Richard married for the second time to Jane Foster 1 September, 1835 in Madison Co. MS.
The will of Richard Allen was posted on Madison County, Mississippi.
See the will of Richard Allen http://ftp.rootsweb.com/pub/usgenweb/ms/madison/wills/rallen.txt
Known Children of Richard Allen are:
1. Wesley G Allen born Dickson Co. TN.
2. Edmund Allen, born Dickson Co. TN
3. Gabriel Allen born in Dickson Co. TN
4. William H. Allen born 20 November, 1789 TN
5. Jacob Allen born 24 May, 1793 TN.
6. Bennett R. Allen married Mary Herrod
7. Elizar Allen married Sion Sanders 16 August, 1832 Madison Co. MS.
8. Rebecca Allen married Elisha Turnage, 2 August, 1830 Madison Co. MS.
9. Dorothy Allen born 1807 TN. married a James Martin
Gabriel Allen was born in TN., and came to AL., with his father.
He married Margaret probably in AL., as their eldest child was born in that State.
Their children are:
1. William Allen born about 1818 Marengo Co., AL., married Elizabeth ?
2. Emeline Allen born 4 May, 1822 Marengo Co., AL., married Robert Foster November 1844 Madison Co., MS.
They had 10 children:
3. James Bennett Allen born about 1835 Madison Co. Married Ann
4. Gabriel Wesley Allen born about 1839 Madison Co. Married in Drew Co., AR. to Mary Jane West.
William H. Allen was born 20 November, 1789 in Dickson Co., TN. and died 21 November, 1837, in Lexington, Holmes Co., MS. He is buried in Sproles Family Cemetery.
Nicki, has found a document which reveals that William died intestate. His wife is listed as Mary in Holmes Co. Pioneers by Betty C. Wiltshire, page 125. Mary the widow was admintratrix and John B. Allen was administrator.(Lexington Union, December 15, 1838).
William H. was the 3rd son of Richard and Mary Braxton Allen. He fought in the War of 1812 under Gen. Jackson’s Army at the Battle of New Orleans.
William had six known children:
John Braxton, born 7 October, 1807 in Dickson Co. TN.
Gabriel Allen born about 1812 TN
Thomas Hodges Allen
John Braxton Allen, son of William H Allen was born 07 October, 1807 in Dickson Co., TN. and died about 1861 in Attala Co., MS. (His estate was divided and auctioned off February 11, 1861) He first married about 1828 in Madison Co., MS., to Elizabeth Herrod. No death date is known for Elizabeth. John B. married second to Nancy L. Since there is no known death or marriage dates the children of John B. will be listed for the two marriages.
Children of John Braxton Allen are:
1. Amos T. Allen born 06 January, 1831 in Attala Co., and died 31 March, 1908 in Attala Co., MS. He is buried in Marvin's Chapel. Amos fought in the Civil War and engaged in quite a few battles. He was a private in Co. B. 13th MS.
Infantry. Amos first married Adeline Cagle 22 February, 1852 in Attala Co., and had six children. He married (2) Minerva Cagle Allen, sister of Adeline and widow of Daniel C. Allen. They married about 1869 and had seven children.
2. Catherine Allen born 16 October, 1832 in Attala Co., and died 28 October, 1916 in Attala Co. She married William C. McWhorter and had eight children.
3. Daniel C. Allen born about 1836 in Attala Co., and died during the Civil War. He is buried at Ft. Donelson TN. He married Minerva Cagle, they had 2 children.
4. Tennessee Jennifer Allen born about 1841 MS.
5. Wertly Allen born 07 January, 1844 Attala Co., and died about 1923 in Leake, MS. He married Nancy McMillen.
6. Prudence Allen born about 1847 MS.
7. John F. Allen born about 1849 Attala Co., MS.
Gabriel Allen, son of William H. Allen was born about 1812 in Dickson Co., TN. He married Rebecca Humphreys 25 December, 1835 in Attala Co., MS., and had eight children
Mary E.Allen Emaline Allen Jacob Allen William B. Allen Thomas M. Allen Rebecca Allen Jincey Allen Uriah Allen
Thomas Hodges Allen, son of William H. Allen was born about 1813 in Dickson Co., TN. Thomas married Nancy Elizabeth McKinnon.
Children of Thomas H. and Nancy E. Allen are:
1. Andrew Bennett Allen born 07 November, 1840 in Holmes Co., MS. and died 29 December, 1922 in OK. He married May 21, 1866 in Lowndes Co., MS. to Harriett H. Boswell. They had a large family of about 13 children.
2. John N. Allen born about 1842 Holmes Co., MS.
3. Mary C. Allen born about 1843 Holmes Co., MS.
4. Thomas J. Allen born about 1848 Holmes Co., MS. married April 10, 1872 to Lenora Herrell.
5. Sarah Emmaline Louise Allen born about 1850 Holmes Co., MS., married John Fewell.
6. Amos Davis Allen born 31 January, 1852 Holmes Co., MS., died 15 February, 1895. He married Sarah Elizabeth Parrish.
7. Ada J. Allen
8. Martha L. Allen
9. William L. Allen
10 James Sinclair Allen born September, 1862 Door Creek, Nacodoches Co., Tx., and died in Door Creek. He married (1) to Saphronia Stone Miles, and (2) to Martha Anne Tabitha Phillips 20 December, 1883 Door Creek, TX. Ten children.
To Go Back To Home Page