Norman Joseph Allen, son of Joseph Allen was born 29 March, 1892 in Jackson Co. MS. He died 26 January, 1971 Moss Point, MS.
Norman was a blacksmith at International Paper Co. in Moss Point for many years and retired from the Co.
He married Mary Louella Young born 7 March, 1899 Escatawpa, MS., and died 28 August, 1978.
Mary the daughter of Heman Edward Young and wife Sarah "Sally" Rice.
Norman and Mary lived in Escatawpa when they first married then later bought a house in Moss Point and lived at 811 Davis St. the remainer of their lives. Both "Norm" and Mary are buried in Reorganized Latter Day Saints Church Cemetery in Escatawpa, MS.
They were the parents of Eleven children. Two sets of twins:
1. Ethel May Allen born 3 May, 1916 and died 25 April, 1973. She married Clenon Parsley
a. Ronnie Parsley b. Janet Parsley married Ivey Atwell c. Linda Parsley married Don Marble from ME. d. Joyce Parsley married Rex Suthoff
2. Sally Bernice Allen born 28 July, 1918 and died 31 October, 1998 Moss Point. She married (1) Odis Stauter and (2)Ted Helms of OK. Bernice and Odis had one daughter.
a. Annie Lou Stauter married Jimmy Miller
3. Bertha Arlene Allen born 17 January, 1921 MS. married Denson Smith of Moss Point. They had four children
a. Johnny Smith b. Robert Smith c. Lou Smith d. Hope Smith
4. Thomas Heman Allen born 15 April, 1923.
5. Charlotte Louella Allen (twin) Living. Married Bob Vermullen and Bob Stiles. Three children.
a. William "Bill" Vermullen b. Robert "Dick" Vermullen c. Barbara "Bobbie" Vermullen
6. Dorothy Idella Allen (twin)6 April, 1927 and died 24 August, 1987. She married Walter Roderick Tillman
a. Shirley Tillman> b. Doodle Tillman, deceased c. Charlene Tillman d. Lois Tillman e. Artimese Tillman
7. Clara Elizabeth Allen, (twin) born 21 January, 1932 MS., died 22 February, 1984 Kalamazoo, MI. She married John Henry Toornman Jr.
a. Linda Toornman b. Mary Toornman c. John Toornman d. Patricia Toornman
8. Robert Carl "Sonny" Allen, (twin) born 21 January, 1932 MS. Died in Jackson Co. MS. No date. He is buried in Biloxi, MS. in the Veterans Cemetery. He first married Aileen Walters and had one son. He married second Betty. Sonny retired from the U.S. Navy, serving twenty years.
a. Wayne Allen who lives in CA. Please get in touch with me.
9. Herbert Eugene Allen married (1) Melba Goff; four children. Married (2) Wanda Gregory.
a. Gary Eugene Allen born 5 May, 1955 Burlington, VT. died 20 August, 1993. Married Evelyn Bornowski
b. Herbert Eugene Allen Jr. married Patricia Neejer c. Sheryl DeAnn Allen married James May d. Michael Eugene Allen
10 Norman Edward Allen married Wanda Hughes
a. Eddie Allen b. Diane Allen
11 Denson Joseph Allen married Jill Warbington
a. Denson Joseph Allen Jr. deceased b. Joseph Russell Allen, deceased c. Kathy Denise Allen, deceased
The children of Tommy and Genevie Kirkland have been found. Carla is now living in Alabama, and both Tommy Jr. and Sissy are living in Florida. After years of searching they have been found, or I should say Carla found me and got in touch. Now, to find Mary Lee Allen. Mary Lee please get in touch....
Tommy Allen was born 15 April, 1923 Jackson Co. He loved being on the water and enjoyed fishing. Tommy died 10 March, 1965 while working on a boat in the Gulf Of Mexico. He was accidental killed when he fell from the boat he was riding and another boat that was being towed to shore hit him. They were seven days out of port and came in Bayou La Batre, AL. At the time of his death he along with his second wife and three children were living with his parents on Davis St. in Moss Point.
Tommy first married Dorothy Ervins and had one daughter
a. Mary Lee Allen born probably in MS. About 50 years old. I would like to know where you are.
Tommy married second Genevie Kirkland. She was from the Fort Myers, FL., area and born about 1940. She married again after the death of Tommy and had one son, name unknown. But, he was born in FL. Genevie is deceased and died shortly after the son was born. She was a part seminole Indian. Her parents were still living at the time of her death, who were they? They about 10 or 12 miles outside of Ft. Myers.
a. Thomas "Little Tommy" was the name he was called as a young boy. He was born about 1957. Living in Florida, married and has one daughter.
b. Bernice "Sissy" Allen born about 1959. Is living in Fort Myers, Florida, married and an RN.
C. Carla Allen the youngest of the three children was born about 1962. Lives in Alabama. Thanks Carla.