John Allen was born 1776, and died 02 September, 1832 and is buried in
John Allen Family Cemetery in Hinds County, Mississippi.
He married Elizabeth Jones in 1815 in Camden, SC. Elizabeth born about 1800 in SC., and died in Hinds Co. MS., at the age of 96 years. She is buried in the family Cemetery, with no dates on her marker.
John and Elizabeth removed from SC., and traveled westward into Mississippi by covered wagin in 1818.
After the death of John, Elizabeth left with a family of small children married for the second time to Henry H. Hudson. They are listed on the 1850 census in Hinds Co. MS. Henry is listed as age 48 born SC., and Elizabeth as age 49 born in SC.
Children of John Allen and Elizabeth Jones are:
1. Eliza Allen, married John Ford Burnett in 1841.
2. William M. Allen, born 11 May, 1818; died 19 August, 1875
3. Margaret Allen, born 1822 MS., married John Davis
4. Eveline Day Allen, born 26 April, 1822 in Woodville, MS., and died 01 April, 1909 in Port Gibson, MS. She married 02 April, 1841 in Hinds Co. MS., to Joseph Benton, son of James Benton and Elizabeth Johnson. Joseph born 27 April, 1809 in in Robertson, TN., and died 01 April, 1875 in Copiah Co., MS.
5. Carolyn Allen, born 1824 married John Wall
6. Ann Allen, born 1826 MS., married a Mr. Crook
7. Ersa ALLEN, b. 1836; m. Mary Ford.
To Go Back To Home Page