James Allen was born 1783 North Carolina. He was the son of James Allen and a unknown, but family records state a Ms Darlen or Darling. James was the grandson of James Allen of Virginia and wife Eugenia Buck or Buckley.
James married Sarah Heit and lived in Anson Co. North Carolina prior to their move to Alabama. There is mention of a James Allen in the Mississippi Territorial Papers, but not confirmed that this is the James Allen who came to Alabama.
Children of James Allen and Sarah Heit are:
1. Hugh Allen who married Patsy Barker
2. James Allen married a Miss Pond
3. John Darlen Allen married Martha Lee Petrie
4. Thomas Allen
5. Joseph Allen
6. Sarah Allen, married a fifth cousin Richmond Allen
7. Mary Allen married Simeon McClendon
8. Louisa Allen
9. William Allen married Elizabeth Lee
William Allen, son of James Allen and Sarah Heit was born 09 January, 1809 Anson Co. North Carolina and died 22 April, 1874 in Perry Co. AL.
William married 04 March, 1834 in Perry Co., to Elizabeth Lee, daughter of Solomon Lee and Martha Holmes. Elizabeth was born Christmas Day in 1818. Both William and Elizabeth were baptized September, 1836 at Hopewell Baptist Church in Perry Co.
William had a land grant in Perry Co. dated 25 October, 1830, the same year to moved to AL. This is where they lived and raised their family. It has been printed that William had a large plantation in the western part of Perry Co. Both are buried in Hopewell Baptist Church Cemetery
Children of William Allen and Elizabeth Lee are:
1. John Darlen Allen, married Lydia Ann Wilkerson; no children
2. Martha Louisa Allen married Henry P. Thompson
3. Solomon Allen, killed at Chickamauga. No heirs
4. Eliza Adeline Allen married Presley H. Wilkerson
5. Bryant Lee Allen, who married sisters; Ella and Harriet Saunders
6. Susan Elizabeth Allen, married Charles Wilkerson
To Go Back To Home Page