1. Henry Allen, Sr. was born before 1723, and died 1795 in Duplin Co., NC. Henry was granted 100 acres on a fork or Muddy Creek, 26 November, 1757.
His will was dated 16 July, 1791 and proved in Court four years later.
Children of Henry Allen are:
1. William Allen, born about 1749, Duplin Co., NC.
2. Henry Allen, Jr.
3. Leven Allen
4. Ezekiel Allen
5. Sabrough Allen
6. Ruth Allen
7. Elizabeth Allen
8. Sarah Allen
This Martha Sheffield who married William Allen, needs to be identifield and placed with the rightful Sheffield family. If you the researcher have information on Martha, please share so others might benefit from your generosity.
William was a Private in the 10th NC. Continental line. He
enlisted 07 January, 1778 under the command of Col. Abraham Shephard in Captain Blount's company. He applied for a pension and was approved while living in Horry Co. SC. His will recorded in Marion Co. SC 17 December, 1825.
Children of William Allen and Martha Sheffield are:
1. William Allen, Jr. born about 1767, Duplin Co. NC; d. November 06, 1854, Robeson Co., NC.
2. John C Allen, born 25 July, 1770 Duplin Co.; died Before 1850.
3. Jacob Allen, born Duplin Co.; died about 1824, Robeson Co., NC.
4. Morgan Allen, soldier in war of 1812
5. Ephraim W. Allen, born 09 June, 1781 Duplin Co., died 27 January, 1868, Bladen Co., NC. Married Ann.
6. Paul Allen, born about 1783, Duplin Co. married Sarah
7. Joseph Allen, born 19 June, 1784 Duplin Co.; died 16 February, 1864 Bladen Co.
To Go Back To Home Page